Erlang @ OSCON 2014
Even though there's no Erlang-specific booth (or a booth by an Erlang company), the Erlang OSCON presence has been palpable, albeit in a small-town, gentle way.
Day 2 is starting as this is being typed, and it will end spectacularly: OSCON Erlang meetup / Birds of a Feather Gathering.
Between now and then, there will be:
- a talk by Brian Troutwine on LFE, Elixir, and Joxa on the Erlang VM (BEAM).
- a presentation by Robert Virding and Henning Diedrich on A Reactive Game Stack: Using Erlang, Lua and VoltDB to Enable a Non-Sharded Game World.
Highlights from Day 1:
- Francesco passing out 25 "limited edition" copies of his and Steve's fantastic book: Designing for Scalability with Erlang/OTP
- Erlang Solutions' Office Hours at the O'Reilly area in the Expo Hall, complete with Portland's famous Voodoo Doughnuts.
- Three "Erlang" tables at lunch, full of excellence in conversation.
- Garrett Smith's talk on Building a Massively Scalable Web Server In Erlang.
- Evening hang-out time with Erlangers from around the world.
23 July 2014